Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge seems to be a touristy thing to do. I questioned a number of native New Yorker’s about the experience, and none of them had ever done it! I had read that walking from the Brooklyn side to Manhattan was the best way to appreciate it, so I took the subway from Brooklyn into Manhattan, transferred to a train back into Brooklyn to High Street, where you find the entrance to the Bridge. You can either use Google Maps and click on the train/subway emblem for the appropriate subways/times or go to the MTA site. It’s only a mile across and the views are absolutely breathtaking!
I love bridges and this is now my favorite bridge! It was completed in 1883 and connects Brooklyn and Manhattan over the East River. I love all of the cables making it very mathematical and artistic!
Here’s a view of the Bridge next to it…
This is mid-way across. Most everyone was walking the opposite direction from me…into Brooklyn.
There is a bicycle lane and a people lane.
You can see the street and the river down below…
The view looking back into Brooklyn…
I think this is my favorite photo. I love all of the lines!
I took the subway up to Central Park for my 2 1/2 hr. guided bicycle tour after my walk…so don’t miss it tomorrow!
- Walking the Brooklyn Bridge (sarahulcoq.wordpress.com)
- brooklyn bridge (bodishblog.wordpress.com)
- The daring con man who sold the Brooklyn Bridge (ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com)
- New York City’s Brooklyn Bridge At Sun Set (business2community.com)
- A Stroll on Brooklyn Bridge (mimiandchichi.com)
- Hundreds march across Brooklyn Bridge to protest gun violence (pix11.com)
- From Brooklyn Bridge to China Town (stueyintheusa.wordpress.com)
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Carousel (markinthecity.com)
- First Look at Central Park (travelspirit333.com)
- Thousands Protest Gun Violence In March Across Brooklyn Bridge (prweb.com)