Last night I gave an hour-long presentation on a trip I took to Egypt and Jordan back in 2009, to a Travel Meetup club I belong to! Although I was a member of Toastmasters for a while and gave a few five-minute speeches, this was a great accomplishment for me. I wasn’t that nervous and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It probably helped that there were only 9 people there…but for me it was a great feeling! My Powerpoint presentation had 120 photographs that were shot with a point and shoot, but I recently bought Lightroom 5, so I doctored them up some. Now I can’t wait to give presentations on my other epic trips…Peru…SE Asia…and Africa!
To avoid the worst of traffic, I left my house early to drive to Covington, Kentucky, where the event was held, so I had some extra time and decided to practice my photography. These two photographs are of the Cincinnati skyline at sunset.
Here I am in the venue before the presentation. I love the architectural elements of the building…the high ceilings, beautiful woodwork, and large windows.
When you face your fears, anything is possible!
- Adobe Lightroom Is A Professional Photographer’s Best Friend (forbes.com)
- Lightroom 5.2 (lightfollowers.wordpress.com)
- How Toastmasters Club Improves One’s Happiness Quotient (eminenttmc.wordpress.com)
- For the Novice: Club Contests Enrich Everyone (talkforchange.wordpress.com)
- What’s In It For Me? (firstoaktm.wordpress.com)
- Toastmasters International (derekgella.wordpress.com)
- 3 tips to be awesome! (slideshare.net)