Wineries are so much fun and Meranda-Nixon Winery in Ripley, Ohio is no exception! Although summer is gone…the vineyards are still beautiful. My friends and I drove out there yesterday. Located about 40 minutes from the east side of Cincinnati, it’s not too far of a drive. Because it was a Friday, there were only a few other patrons there. The owners are Seth and his wife Maura. We joked that we wanted some “Maura wine”. Anyway, Maura did the wine tasting for us and gave us some background about their lives. Both she and her husband are widowers and when they met recently…they only dated for one month before getting married!
I asked her how many employees they have and she replied, “Her husband and four children! While we were there, two of the boys came in to help wash glasses. The 11-year-old took me for a ride on their “gator”! I asked him how fast it would go and he said 21 mph, so I asked him to floor it! He probably thought I was crazy when I asked him to do donuts in the front yard!
As you get out of the car, you’re greeted by their two doggies…
This one is really comfortable!
Inside, the decor is a cross between a Tuscan feel and down-home Country.
They have a few horses. Every time I would try to take a photo of one, it would turn its head away, so I had to move to get their attention and quickly snap a photo! Eventually, they came up to me for some affection.
This was on the porch…
Here we are posing in front of the fake fireplace…
We tasted five wines for $4.00 and I loved all of them. I bought a bottle of their Chardonnay. I would definitely recommend visiting!
- Autumn has arrived at Indiana’s oldest and largest winery…Oliver Winery (travelspirit333.com)
- The Famous Marques Riscal and La Rioja Wine! (traveldaddy.wordpress.com)
- HUNNEMAN: Temecula wine reputation continues to grow (pe.com)
- San Sebastian Winery (st-augustine-travel-guide.com)
- First Stop on the Girls’ Weekend…Butler Winery (travelspirit333.com)
- Global Wine Shortage Could Fill Up Local Wineries (wqad.com)
- Cellar Doors, Stone Cottages and Kid Friendly Vineyards (bampton2.wordpress.com)
- Island Wine Festival Scheduled Saturday, October 5, At Put-In-Bay Winery (toledowinesandvines.blogspot.com)
- Global Wine Shortage Could Be Good News For Indiana Wineries (indianapublicmedia.org)
- Wineries in the US Industry Market Research Report from IBISWorld Has… (prweb.com)