When I prepared the itinerary for my annual girls’ weekend this year, I included a stop at two of Indiana’s beautiful wineries.
After driving three hours from Cincinnati and getting lost a few times on the back country roads, we were ready for a glass of wine! I had Google map directions and my friends had smart phones, but some of the streets didn’t have signs and we lost signal with the phones. Butler Winery, located just five minutes from the Vacation Rental By Owner, was a convenient and fun stop! They offer six complimentary tastings.
Notice the reflected vineyards in the window…
Lisa, our tasting attendant, was very nice and knowledgeable about the wines.
I bought a bottle of the blackberry wine. So tasty!
It’s such a homey and cute shop with unique “all things wine” gifts and a beautiful mural painted on the wall.
We were the only people there when we arrived around 1:30pm. This is a view from sitting on the outdoor patio looking at the small pond. It was very peaceful and relaxing and the day was beautiful!
What better way to unwind than sipping a glass of wine, breathing in the fresh country air, and socializing with friends!
- October 12th: Jerez (misshelenjulian.wordpress.com)
- Wineries: This year’s harvest fantastic (wishtv.com)
- Pastor winery / 2013 (behance.net)
- Bottle Rack, Monjardin Winery, Navarra, Spain (spittoon.biz)
- A day at Inniskillin Winery (bringonthethirst.wordpress.com)
- Majestic Oak Winery: Ohio Winery Visit (toledowinesandvines.blogspot.com)
- S. Ind. winery turning to solar energy (wthitv.com)
- Wine and Music Festival pours first tastings of the weekend (mywesttexas.com)
- A winery grows in Brooklyn (unreceivedwisdoms.com)
- Niagara Wine Trail Welcomes Crime Solvers on Hallowine Weekend (niagarawinetrail.wordpress.com)