Saturday, my husband and I took my son and nephew boating and water skiing on the Ohio River. I’ve been water skiing since my 20’s and love slalom skiing (with one ski). We prefer the Ohio River to the area lakes because there are fewer boats, which means better skiing conditions. Because of weather and a surgery that my husband had, this was only the second time we’ve taken the boat out this season and most likely the last. Temperatures are supposed to drop into the 60’s by this weekend. The water was quite cold but invigorating! Slalom skiing is like riding a bike, once you’ve mastered it, you don’t forget how to do it. It feels great to be strong and continue to participate in sports as I get older.
My son took some good shots…
The next few photos are of my Nephew…Billy! My son doesn’t like to water-ski and at 6’9″ tall, feels like the tube is too small for him.
Billy plays sand and court volleyball almost every day. He’s in great shape…
I was using the Silhouette function on my Nikon D5100 to capture a darker look of my husband…
We found good waves for some tubing air time…
We stopped to eat at Skipper’s Marina in New Richmond, Ohio and this duck seemed to be posing for me…
I asked my son if he would throw me in the water. I’ve never had that experience…it was kinda’ scary but fun!
It was fun sharing our day with you! Sunday I went to a chili cook-off and watched the Bengals game. We didn’t stay the entire time, so I’m not sure who won the cook-off! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!
- Ski Club tournament this weekend (sykose.com)
- This Couple Got Married On Water Skis! (theknot.com)
- YMCA & Rockford Ski Broncs team up to offer a Learn to Swim/Water Ski Program for Teen Leaders at Rock House Kids (wifr.com)
- The Footer’s Edge Makes Learning to Barefoot Water Ski and Wakeboard Easy (sykose.com)
- Man with cerebral palsy to take part in Tommy Bartlett Show (fox6now.com)
- Rippin’ the Chip (spectatornews.com)
- Eight rescued from sinking boat on Ohio River (wcpo.com)
- Concerns voiced over Ohio River and mercury (blogs.courier-journal.com)
- New Richmond and the Ohio River (newrichmondohio.wordpress.com)
- HDR Image of the Ohio River in Black and White (speeddemon2.com)