The little town of Golden, Colorado is situated less than 30 minutes drive from Denver. My friend and I stopped there for a late lunch/early dinner after hiking up to St. Mary’s Glacier. We were headed to see The Local Natives and The National Bands at Red Rock Amphitheater. After walking a few blocks through town and taking some photographs…we stopped at The Bridgewater Grill for our meal. We were seated on the outside patio with a view of the small river/large creek. It’s attached to the Golden Hotel. The food was good…I would recommend it.
This statue of a man fly fishing is cool. At first I thought he had a bull whip…
The sign as you enter town, “Howdy Folks, Welcome to Golden, Where the West lives” is a nice touch!
I asked Gina if she would kiss the Indian…
There are quite a few statutes in Golden…
There’s another one of a buffalo across the street…
Golden, Colorado’s claim to fame is that it’s the home of the Coors Brewing Company. We didn’t have time to take a tour.
I hate to say it, but that’s the end of my trip to Colorado. We went to see the concert at Red Rock and I didn’t take my camera in. We left the next day to fly home to Cincinnati. I love Colorado…hopefully I can go this winter to ski!
- Fire Near Golden in Colorado Forces Evacuations (+Photos) (theepochtimes.com)
- Colorado – Golden, CO (travelpod.com)
- Flood in Colorado (voanews.com)
- Images from Colorado Flooding (climatecrocks.com)
- National Guard Evacuating Colorado Town Caught in Flood (voanews.com)
- Colorado Flood Kayakers (ireport.cnn.com)
- Flooding in Colorado, Now, Oh WOW (t7danieldavis.wordpress.com)
- Flash flooding in Colorado leaves three dead (itv.com)
- Meeting Nola & Stuart in Colorado – Golden, CO (travelpod.com)
- Hiking St. Mary’s Glacier (travelspirit333.com)