Breckenridge, Colorado sure knows how to celebrate Oktoberfest! In Cincinnati, where I’m from, Oktoberfest is serious business–given the large percentage of German heritage residents. Just a week ago, my friend Gina and I walked a few blocks down from Beaver Run Resort, where we were staying, to the festivities. We arrived rather early at 10:30am and by 11:00am had a dark beer in our hands.
We stopped for a few photo ops…
I was surprised at how large of an event it is in Breckenridge. Even with occasional misty rain, it became quite crowded later in the day (double the people shown below).
These merry makers in costume posed for me …
You know me and reflections…love the clouds!
Here’s Gina with a couple of the locals. I’ve never seen pretzel necklaces. We were told they’re great for munching on between beers!
We met lots of fun and interesting people…
Walking back to our resort, we passed this picturesque area…
I had been to Breckenridge about 12 years ago snow skiing, so it was nice to see it in the summer/fall. Tomorrow we drive to Denver…see you then!
- Hot Sulphur Springs Resort via Grand Lake, Colorado (travelspirit333.com)
- Heading to Octoberfest? Be sure to bring the Wiesn App for BlackBerry along (crackberry.com)
- Abby & Eric’s Fall Wedding at the Aloft V3 Ranch, Breckenridge, CO. (mattalbertsphotography.com)
- Uber + Octoberfest = A Beer Lover’s Dream Come True! (uber.com)
- 7 Ways to Spend a Day in Breckenridge (bostonmamas.com)
- Octoberfests in the USA (ohiooktoberfest.wordpress.com)
- Fantastic Fall in Breckenridge (realestatebreckenridge.wordpress.com)
- Can OctoberFest Propel Boston Beer Even Higher? (fool.com)
- Meeting New Friends in Grand Lake, Colorado (travelspirit333.com)
- Octoberfest! (legionriderspost7.com)