Grand Lake Lodge in Grand Lake, Colorado has an absolutely stunning view of the lake. After checking in on Thursday, my girlfriend Gina and I decided to take a hike down the hillside to the town to check it out. Here’s the beginning of the trail and that’s Gina up ahead…
We were delighted it wasn’t raining having left the flooding in Estes Park earlier that morning! The path forks off to the left but is not well-marked.
I continued to take photographs as we descended the hillside. Because the path wasn’t clearly marked, we were traversing a rock and small shrub terrain for a portion of the hike.
We passed a couple of beautiful homes on the hike…
I love the log cabin look…
Next, we’ll enter the quaint town of Grand Lake and meet some new friends!
- Day 52. Fiona Visits: Rocky Mountains (laurencarr.wordpress.com)
- good for the soul (laughterinlove.wordpress.com)
- evening hike: beaver lake (kristininalaska.wordpress.com)
- Hiking at Echo Lake, Colorado (coloradotravelingducks.com)
- One Week Itinerary for Colorado (travelspirit333.com)
- Finding Art in the Denver Airport and having fun in spite of being stranded due to flash flooding in the sunshine State of Colorado (travelspirit333.com)
- Colorado Flooding (tradeshowtom.wordpress.com)
- Colorado Duck in Rocky Mountain National Park with Zeb in the summer snow (coloradotravelingducks.com)
- Estes Park Devastated By Flooding (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Sierra Nevada-scapes: Mosquito Flat Trailhead hike (themagicoftravel.wordpress.com)