I was recently contacted by a friend to take photographs of merchandise with his artwork on it that he intends to sell on Etsy. I agreed and it was a great learning experience. Completely different from anything I’ve done in the past. This first photo is a card with his signature painting on it. He loves the ocean! There were five different cards to take photos of.
Next I took photographs of five varieties of ball caps. I bought a piece of white stock paper, placed it on my outdoor patio table curving up to get these shots.
The cedar on the exterior of my house seemed to be a good backdrop for the five canvas bags…
My husband agreed to model the 9 shirts. I took some time researching on Etsy how others displayed the various items and which looked the best.
It took a lot more time than I thought it would, but now I can add this to my portfolio!
- A New Sympathy Card (thecreativecat.net)
- 5 Tips to Take a Listing Photo that Will Help Sell Your Home (allstate.com)
- 5 Things to Start Buying on Etsy ASAP (Forevervogue.com)
- The Ritual, The Big Picture (alanala.wordpress.com)
- Hong Kong’s Massive High-Rise Neighborhoods (wired.com)
- DIY Doloris Petunia (doseofvitamind.com)
- Found on ETSY – Wonderful Colors. Wonderful Pictures (meyer-imports.typepad.com)
- Etsy Shop Update! (honeyflowerdesigns.com)
- Consult Results (janpittardphotography.wordpress.com)