Beale Street in Memphis is a pedestrian only street with bars, restaurants and shops that runs about two blocks. Monday evening, Cindy and I stopped to talk to this street artist. We were asking his opinion on the best places to eat and he tried to persuade us to have our “reality” caricature done by him in about ten minutes. I explained that I’m not into buying more “things” for my house because I prefer to collect experiences rather than things.
Anyway, it was fun to watch him in action. He is quite talented…
Most photographers love the time of day before sunset or sunrise because the lighting is so pretty. This was a courtyard along Beale Street…
When I first took this photo of a small section of a fountain, I wasn’t sure how it would turn out because of the dim lighting, but I loved the outcome. I am always fascinated with the concept that art is all around us…if we open our eyes!
As I was stooped down taking this photo of the glistening water on the street, a stranger passing by said jokingly, “You can lay in it if you want”.
Here’s the Hard Rock Cafe sign again, but at night this time. You’ll notice the moon like shape at the top left. It must be an orb!
Here we are…double trouble!
Passing by a window, the light behind this glass caught my eye…
Are your eyes open to the art in your world?
- There’s more to Memphis than Elvis (travelspirit333.com)
- Walkin’ in Memphis (travelspirit333.com)
- Last Minute Trip to Memphis (travelspirit333.com)
- Day After Beale Street (wireblog00.wordpress.com)
- Beale Street Fixture Silky Sullivan Has Died (wreg.com)
- A Global Call-Out for Street Artists (prweb.com)
- Beale Street: Proof Memphis can’t have nice things (the78roadwarriors.com)
- Day 6 – Memphis (2013route66.wordpress.com)
- Day 5- April 5, 2013 Memphis, TN (nicoleboychuck.wordpress.com)
- MrMary will be in Tennessee Next Month, Any Recommendations Anyone want some Burbon ? (aspoonfulofsuga.wordpress.com)