Can you say yummy and spicy! That’s what these shrimp wraps are. I found the recipe on Pinterest and with some adaptation…absolutely LOVE them! So fresh and tangy…they tantalize your taste buds. Summer’s here…so let’s enjoy!
Here are the easy directions…
* 1 pound extra-large or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1 container hydroponic lettuce (or your choice of crisp lettuce – rinsed and leaves separated)
* 1 jalapeno peppers
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 Tbs. cumin
* 1 Tbs. coriander
* 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
* 4 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 Tbs.
* 1 tsp coarse salt
* 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
* 1 red bell pepper, diced
* 1 avocado, diced
* 1 lime
Preheat oven to 400.
Roast jalapeno pepper for 20 minutes on cookie sheet
When cool enough…chop roughly
In bowl combine cumin, coriander, the minced garlic and a pinch of salt. Grind on edge of bowl with spoon. Add the pepper, cilantro and olive oil and grind more.
Toss the marinade with the shrimp and let sit a few minutes.
Heat skillet over medium-high. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer and sear 2 minutes. Flip and sear 30 more seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add a little more oil if needed and add the red bell pepper. Saute 2 minutes.
Stuff each lettuce cup with shrimp, red bell pepper and diced avocado. Squeeze lime on top and enjoy!!
- Delicious Avocado and Cilantro Dressing (desire2change1.wordpress.com)
- Taco Night!!! (elizabethloomis.wordpress.com)
- Shrimp, avocado and mango cocktail wit cilantro-lime dressing (healthymommyhappybaby.net)
- Cold Cilantro Lime Shrimp (finefabfunfood.wordpress.com)
- Moroccan Shrimp With Spinach (gethealthygazette.com)
- Shrimp/Scallops Fettuccine with Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce (allieandmonica.wordpress.com)
- Summer Salad Series: Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad by Melissa Hargett (mhboostinternetsolution.wordpress.com)
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Mango Jalapeno Slaw (inspirationsfinecatering.wordpress.com)
- My Go-To Summer Salad – Wildfire Signature Chopped Salad (thetallandsmallofit.com)
- Shrimp Enchiladas (annashortcakes.wordpress.com)