The Taste of Cincinnati is an annual tradition held Memorial Day weekend in downtown Cincinnati by The Downtown Council and the Greater Cincinnati Restaurant Association. The first event was in 1979 with 5,000 in attendance and has grown to over 500,000! Not only is it the nation’s longest running culinary arts festival, but also one of the largest street festivals!
More than 40 fine restaurants serve up samples of their delicious menu items. Taste of Cincinnati is also a music festival, with continuous live entertainment featuring local and national recording stars performing on multiple stages throughout the event.
Yesterday was a great day for it. The weather was in the 70’s and sunny! Here are some of my shots…
I tried to make the Jolly Green Giant look Giant! He was really only about 7 ft. tall.
I caught a tender moment of this couple kissing…
This gentleman was quite amenable to having his beard tail photographed…
One of my favorite bands was there…The Danny Frazier Band. This is Greg–he’s a really nice guy!
I saw a photographer behind the band taking photos so I decided to try that perspective. Danny turned around to see what I was up to…
While my friend Dee was getting a bite to eat, I took a quick look inside the Westin Hotel…
Here’s a small portion of the Tyler Davidson Fountain. I can’t believe it’s 142 years old!
Here’s the snake charmer…
I had a Grilled Portobella Mushroom Croissant sandwich from a restaurant called Down Under. It was very tasty!
These colorful snakes caught my eye…
The Round Up is an exhilarating Amusement Park ride!
I haven’t gone down one of these slides for years!
I don’t go to downtown Cincinnati that often so I was pleasantly surprised to see two of these beautiful grassy squares surrounded with flowers and trees!
These boxwood bushes made for a nice photo in front of the Procter & Gamble office complex…
Feels like summer is here! Hope you’re enjoying this fabulous Memorial Day weekend!
- Taste of Cincinnati celebrating 35th year downtown (wlwt.com)
- Taste of Cincinnati: More than just food (sexandthecincy.wordpress.com)
- Get your food on: Taste winners revealed (wcpo.com)
- May 25-27, 2013 Taste of Cincinnati USA – Cincinnati, Ohio (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Top 9 things to do this weekend (wcpo.com)
- Crews work to prepare for Taste (kypost.com)
- 3 new additions to Taste of Cincinnati (wcpo.com)
- 3 new additions to Taste of Cincinnati (kypost.com)
- What is New with the Taste of Cincinnati Event – May 25-27, 2013 (sibcyclinenews.wordpress.com)