There’s a magical street in Philadelphia called Elfreth’s Alley that has colorful and quaint townhomes dating back to 1736. It’s a short street, but full of charm and history and is our nation’s oldest residential street!
At first I wondered if people even lived in the homes because it looked like a movie stage setting, and then I spotted this cute doggie in the window!
The colorful flower pots and plants accentuate the lovely brick homes!
When I looked up, this tree created somewhat of a spooky photo!
It’s worth it to add Elfreth’s Alley to your itinerary if you’re visiting Philadelphia!
- Public helps excavate oldest US street in Philly (sfgate.com)
- Public helps excavate oldest U.S. street in Philly (philly.com)
- Seeing sights in historic Philly (blogs.vancouversun.com)
- Roundup: Our Top Picks For Affordable Attractions In Philadelphia (uwishunu.com)
- Philadelphia: Elfreth’s Alley (alainsojourner.com)