I can’t believe I’m leaving in 10 days for Philadelphia (2 days/3 nights) and New York City (almost 4 days/4 nights) on a jet plane!! Frontier Airlines had a special for $32 round trip flying out of Columbus, Ohio. I’ll have to drive from Cincinnati, but from my house it’s only about an hour and 40 minutes. Parking at the airport is only $4 a day! I’ve been around the world…but never to these two Cities. I’ll be Couchsurfing with a lady in each City and they’re really cool! They’re both about 40 years old, beautiful, and fun!
I’m in the process of researching. I’ll fly into Trenton, NJ which is about 40 minutes from Philly and a little over an hour from NYC by train. I’ll have to pack in a lot in a short period of time (especially for NYC)…but I’m thinking for Philadelphia of doing a 3 mile self-guided walking tour called The Constitutional Walking Tour and it includes 33 sites such as The National Constitution Center – Liberty Bell Museum and 13 other non-constitutional sites. I’d also like to make it to the Museum of Art – Longwood Gardens – Boathouse Row – Magic Gardens – South Street.
And for New York City–possibly the free Staten Island Ferry (if it’s not too cold) – from Battery Park you can take the free Downtown Connection bus to South Street Seaport – walk across Brooklyn Bridge – Ground Zero – Chinatown – Little Italy – Washington Square Park – Greenwich Village – Highline – Chelsea Market – Midtown to include — Times Square (a 1.5 mile walk along 42nd street to see architecture such as The Candler Bldg., W. R. Grace Bldg. – New York Public Library, Grand Central Station, and the Chrysler Building) – Rockefeller Center – Radio City Music Hall – Museum of Modern Art – St. Patrick’s Cathedral – Central Park – Brooklyn (possibly the Apollo Theater and Lennox Lounge in Harlem and/or some sites in Queens).
I’m not planning on going up to the top of the Empire State Building because I’ve read that it’s less crowded to go up the Rockefeller Bldg. and that way you have a view of the Empire State Bldg. I won’t be able to go in the Statue of Liberty due to repairs.
I thought about renting a bicycle in NYC.
If anyone has any “must see or dos” please let me know. Of course, the ladies I’m staying with are locals and will be able to give me lots of good information.
One of the ladies does pole dancing in a studio to keep in shape and wants me to join her…I’ll be so busy, you’ll have to wait until I return for a recap!
Oh…the people I’ll meet, the places I’ll go, and the things I’ll do!
- Why New York City Is The Hardest Place To Be Emotionally Healthy (thegloss.com)
- Philadelphia Makes List Of Top US Cities For Pizza (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- This Is What New York City Looks Like from the Observation Deck at One World Trade Center (gawker.com)
- Biking in Manhattan: What You Need to Know (parkingsigns.net)
- New York Uses Poetry to Make Roads Safer for Pedestrians (smartsign.com)
- New York City at Night (physicsforme.wordpress.com)
- MTA Supports Neutering of Rats in New York City’s Subways! (alleyratallies.com)
- Video Of The Day: New York City In 3 Words (gadling.com)
- Skyscraper Candles of New York City Buildings (ryanrass.wordpress.com)
- New York City – Midtown Manhattan with Chrysler Building (artshop77.wordpress.com)