Last night I went to a place called Cheers to Art in Madeira, Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati. Initially I heard about it through the wine meetup I belong to. They had a private party there. It’s a place to let your creativity flourish by drinking wine and painting a picture during a two hour class. I auditioned earlier this week to work there. They’re opening another location in Downtown Cincinnati and need people to set the room up, check people in upon arrival, tend the bar, clean-up, etc. They also need people that can instruct a class. After attending one of the classes, I believe I could do that, with a little more practice! Either way…what fun! To watch people create and have fun!
The owner was the instructor last night and I really like the way she made it so simple and fun!
The room before the painting began…
Tools of the trade…
Here’s my finished “Little Black Dress”. You’ll notice behind me on the right the instructor’s painting. At the last minute I added the white on the bottom.
A friend went with me and here’s her dress. She’s camera shy!
This is a great idea and hopefully there’s something similar in your area!
- Cheers to Art (thelittleredowl.com)
- How to Compose a Painting – Art Tuition Video No.85 (landscapeartblog.wordpress.com)
- Cincinnati Street Art (travelspirit333.com)
- 10 Ways to Overcome Creativity’s No.1 Crusher (psychcentral.com)
- Essex Studios Art Walk – Part Three (travelspirit333.com)
- Essex Studios Art Walk – Part One (travelspirit333.com)