This is Part Two of my series on the Essex Studios Art Walk held in Cincinnati, Ohio this past weekend. If you missed Part One…go here. I wandered through a large warehouse for a couple of hours taking photos and talking with artists.
This is the young lady that is one of the members of my Meetup group and the artist that we were showing support for by attending the Art Walk. If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you probably know that I love reflection shots…so when I saw this mirror, it seemed to be the perfect shot for her!
This artist’s studio seemed quite industrial. Initially, I was drawn to the colorful and old windows.
This artist works with a lot of texture. His step-father was there in place of him and I told him that I would guess that his step-son’s personality is complex and multi-layered. He agreed!
The staircases were interesting to me. Am I the only one?
I almost bought one of this artist’s bottles. They were $25 and you put a piece of incense in it, hanging from a metal stopper. Notice the bottle, by his elbow, with smoke coming out of it. He hand paints the inside of the bottle. It must be quite tedious! I explained to him that I’m into collecting experiences, rather than things, but I’d play a game…if he could guess which one was my favorite, then I would buy it. He guessed wrong!
These musicians (the guy on the left is playing his seat like a drum) were having fun!
The lady in this studio wasn’t an artist. She was representing the estate of a deceased artist, whose pieces were for sale. I told her I liked the feel of the room. She initially moved the wheelchair for me to take a photo and I asked if I could put it back…it is part of the scene.
Here’s another fun stairwell…
Love the black and white paintings!
I’m not sure why I find this hallway artsy. I like the glass block and the strips of color.
I hope you felt like you were there with me!
- White Center Art Walk, January edition: Warmth in winter (whitecenternow.com)
- Cave art reimagined part of Bellingham art walk (thenewstribune.com)
- Scenes From Last Night’s Art Walk (haighteration.com)
- Brickell Art Walk, Nov. 27th, 2012 (karollvisualarts.wordpress.com)
- Walk In Art Center Artist at Philadelphia Show (wiactest.wordpress.com)
- Local artist Andrew Miller nominated as finalist in Art Walk Awards (myballard.com)
- ArtWalk: First walk of the year set for Friday, includes more than 40 artists (state-journal.com)
- Local Art Walk Comes Alive in January! Local Artist Tesh Parekh is Featured at The Cotton Company in 2013 (prweb.com)
- Stockholm is Your Canvas: Real-time community driven GPS artwork (cultofcreativity.com)
- Essex Studios Art Walk – Part One (travelspirit333.com)