The Essex Studios Art Walk is an opportunity for the public to view and purchase pieces of art (paintings, sculptures, photographs) from 120+ artists, displayed in a large 2-level warehouse, located near Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. Although there are resident Artists who offer regular classes, the Art Walk is only held a few times per year. Having recently joined a new creative Meetup group, I went to the event to show support for one of our members who was selling some of her work. I spent about two hours walking the large warehouse, taking photos and chatting with the artists. There was so much to see, I’ll have three parts to this series.
This was the first display of art I encountered upon entering the warehouse. I like the creative use of old pallets to show the art.
This is the ear ring of a lady I’ve known through another one of my Meetup groups. She’s a very talented Photographer!
As I walked the hallways, I was drawn to certain artists and would request permission to take their photograph.
After obtaining permission from this darling little girl’s mother to snap her photo…she posed for me. Remember the candy necklaces you can eat? It looks like they’ve come back.
I don’t remember what type of art this gentleman had, but I knew I wanted to take his photograph.
Peering into this studio, the glowing lamp seemed to radiate such warmth.
This artist wanted to pick the perfect backdrop for his photo.
I’m not sure what you call this metal apparatus that holds artwork, but it was intriguing.
I loved all of the bright colors of the paintings!
Many of the studios seemed like a piece of art to me and reflected upon the artist’s personality.
Part of the fun for me was not knowing what would be around the next corner! Perhaps that’s a metaphor for life!
- Ansel Adams and Photography Before Photoshop (whitherthebook.wordpress.com)
- Artist Exhibiting Oil on Copper Paintings at the Celebration of Fine Art Is Part of a Rare But Centuries-Old Tradition (prweb.com)
- Showcase: An open house for art (thehindu.com)
- Adirondack Art at Soul Roots (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Cincinnati Street Art (travelspirit333.com)
- Walk In Art Center Artist at Philadelphia Show (wiactest.wordpress.com)
- Borderland Visual Arts Open Studios – for your diary (insideoutart.co.uk)
- The Global Art Gallery (diginsider.com)
- New Orleans Art & Food (karenrexrode.typepad.com)
- Miguel Rodez Art Project Presents Passion Red @ Bird Road Art Walk (thecubanartproject.com)