Letizia from Dutch Goes Italian tagged me for the Travel Confessions series. Thank you so much Letizia! As you can tell from Letizia’s blog name…she’s Dutch, but loves everything Italian! If you ever plan a trip to Italy…she’s your travel source!
There are a few rules in the Travel Confessions series:
- Post a photo (or photos) and description(s) of your confession(s) in a new post.
- Tweet your post with hashtag #TravelConfession and follow/tweet @Traveling9to5
- Tag 3 other travelers you’d love to see
Travel confession No. 1
I prefer traveling solo…most of the time. For some of the obvious reasons…you pick what you want to see and do…eat where and what you want…walk at your own pace…decide when you’re ready to leave…don’t have to deal with a traveling partner’s annoying habits (we all have them)–such as complaining..moodiness..overly talkativeness, etc..odd sleep schedule or snoring, etc.
I also enjoy it because I love to meet new people and it’s easier when you’re on your own. This is a photo from my solo six week road trip through the Southern U.S. back in November.
Travel Confession No. 2
I don’t have to stay in a fancy hotel…or even have a bed to sleep on when I travel. When you love travel as much as I do…you become comfortable with being uncomfortable. I have slept on stranger’s couches through the website Couchsurfing and have done my fair share of camping with a self-inflating air mattress. This photo is from my 35 day Overland Truck experience with G Adventures back in May 2012 through six countries in Africa. These tent accommodations were quite luxurious!
I would love to see the travel confessions of the following bloggers:
- Travel Confessions of a Travel-a-holic! (traveldestinationbucketlist.com)
- AOL’s MapQuest Launches Travel Blogging Feature (webpronews.com)
- Little Adventures, One Postcard at a Time (ginalondon.wordpress.com)
- “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” (herestothetravelers.wordpress.com)
- Top Five Tips When Traveling with Pets (epicatravel.com)