I thought I’d give you a more personal look at my life lately! I joined a new Meetup.com group a few weeks ago that focuses on cooking. Seeing that I’ve made over 160 new recipes from Pinterest this past year, it’s quite appropriate. I volunteered to host the first gathering, which was held at our house Saturday evening. The theme was Mexican and there were 12 of us. Because I was the hostess…I didn’t need to cook. Everyone else brought the food. It was still quite a bit of work to make sure the house was clean, to assist the night of, and to clean again afterwards; but I enjoyed the company and the food was delish!
I joined another Meetup group for creative people and attended the first meetup the other night. There were about 9 of us…so we went around the room and shared a little about ourselves and I’m signed up for the next event, an art exhibit for one of the members!
I’ve been taking more action in 2013 towards my goals. I used Vistaprint and had a calendar made using my photos…
My hairdresser, who is beautiful and has a doggie wants a photo shoot of the two of them. So…we’re going to barter…photo shoot for hair coloring!
I decided to take a different approach to finding employment. After narrowing down my passions–photography/travel/art/people/health and wellness–I decided to approach a couple of area artists who own studios and teach, to see if they needed help. I’ll be partnering with one of them to increase her event business…utilizing my event planning background and social media. The other artist would like me to help her with social media–because she’s quite busy and can’t seem to find time to update Facebook, etc.
One of them has Photoshop and is going to let me download it…so I’m excited about learning it!
This will give me a flexible schedule and allow me to continue to travel! I’m at the beginning stages of planning another solo road trip out West this summer. A friend would like to meet me in Denver, where we would explore the City and do some hiking in the mountains.
I still want to take people on trips around the world…and utilize the certification I received in 2011. So, I’m going to be quite busy this year!
It feels good to have some direction!
- A Working Girl’s Guide: Event Planning (thatworkinggirl.wordpress.com)
- Top 50 Parents on Pinterest 2012: Ali Edwards #2 | Babble (babble.com)
- Pinterest and Punchfork: A Food PR Dream Team (mediabistro.com)
- 52 Great Weekend Projects to Improve Your Life (wisebread.com)
- College to Career: What Pinterest Can Teach You About Job Hunting | CareerBliss (careerbliss.com)
- Virtual Hoarding Isn’t Really Hoarding, Right? (findinglagom.wordpress.com)
- 10 Little Things You Can Do To Keep More Money In Your Wallet (lilsuburbanhomestead.com)
- Pinterest and menu planning (awkwardgirlgetsfit.com)
- Social media bring people together – in the real world (usatoday.com)
- Meetup is a place to belong (toledoblade.com)