There are many words one could use to describe people in Africa, but spirited seems fitting to me!
Every time I’m able to take a photo of someone who seems interesting to me…I feel like I’ve just been given a present. When I saw this man standing in Cape Town, South Africa, I just had to take his photo. Actually, he posed for me. I asked him to turn sidewise. It all happened in the space of less than 30 seconds. To be a travel photographer, I think it’s important to have an outgoing personality, so that you’re able to approach people easily.
In Malawi, Africa, this woman’s eyes project a sense of wisdom, sweetness and love…
These Botswana tribal Bush people projected a sense of community and righteousness. Although they won a legal case six years ago, to be allowed to continue hunting on their ancestral land, they are being harassed by the Police (beaten and fined) for doing so. There are so many unjust things that happen in this World!
During my 35-day Overland Truck adventure through six countries in Africa, back in May 2012, I was able to take photos of people just living their lives. This is in Zambia, Africa.
This young mother and her baby are so beautiful and full of life!
On the Island of Zanzibar, my fellow G Adventure travelers and I toured a Spice Plantation. This guy was very talented and climbed high into a palm tree to knock a coconut down for us!
I fell in love with the dignified Maasai Mara tribesmen! Their colorful clothing is so striking! This was also in Zanzibar.
This worker was gracious enough to allow me to take his photo. It’s not every day you see a garbage collector such as he!
If you’re looking for beauty…you’ll find it!
- Children of Africa (travelspirit333.com)
- Top 25 Photographs from the Wilderness #4 (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)
- No Trophy Hunting in Botswana and Zambia? (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)
- 24 Stunning Photos from My Trip Around Southern Africa (nomadicmatt.com)
- 5 Reasons Why South Africa Should Be Your Next Family Vacation Destination (epicatravel.com)
- An African adventure begins (inwardsun.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Botswana (earthoceanskyredux.com)
- An Escape from Civilization in the Okavango Delta (quintessentialq.com)
- Is South Africa A Safe Holiday Destination? (channelvoyager.com)
- I Can’t Believe I’m Back in South Africa! (wanderingearl.com)