Hiking in Zion and Bryce National Parks in Utah is a must-do for any nature enthusiast! In 2007 I flew out to Las Vegas, rented a car and was able to spend three nights in Zion, two nights in Bryce, and three nights in the Grand Canyon National Park, before driving back to Las Vegas. It’s a great way to experience all three of these beautiful National Parks in a short period of time!
Here is some of the scenery before tackling the five-mile Angels Landing trail…
This trail is rated strenuous and if heights bother you…as you can see…it may not be the trail for you.
For your efforts, you’re rewarded with breathtaking scenery and a sense of accomplishment!
The United States is so beautiful!
Here’s the view at Bryce National Park after a short two-hour drive from Zion! There are a variety of hikes, ranging from easy 1 mile hikes to strenuous!
This section reminds me a bit of the massive walls in Petra!
My hat matches some of the pink hues in the rock…don’t you think?
The rock formations (hoodoos) are alien looking. They remind me of wet sand that’s been dripped…
This makes me want to go on another trip!!
- Today I’m thinking about the knife’s edge. In Zion National Park, there’s a hike… (diiq.org)
- Ron Spears Paints Zion National Park (gregnewbold.blogspot.com)
- The amazing Zion National Park (blogglobus.wordpress.com)
- Vacation (gerisroom.wordpress.com)
- Stars over The Organ by Royce’s NightScapes (500px.com)
- Bike Up Beautiful Zion Canyon, Hike Emerald Pools – Zion National Park, UT (travelpod.com)