I don’t recall where this photo was taken, but thought you might enjoy it. It’s a Hairless Dog…
We (being myself and the 10 other people on the trip) piled into our private van and headed towards our next destination…Colca Canyon. On the way we stopped to do some road-side shopping. Wherever we drove, we encountered these little road-side stands, selling beautifully made–hand woven gloves-hats-blankets-sweaters and other traditional crafts. I particularly liked this stand because of the cute little girl and her baby Llama!
After checking into our cozy Inn near Colca Canyon, a few of us went exploring and photographing our new home for the evening. As you can see, the backyard of the Inn was very lovely and tranquil. The hammocks were a great place to take a nap, enjoy the scenery, read a book, or do all three!
I wanted to pet their resident Mascot…”Manchee”. The employees warned me that he spits at you, unless you give him a treat. So, armed with some corn, I tentatively thrust my hand out–palm lying flat, to try to become friends. It worked!
The next morning, we continued on with our adventure to Colca Canyon. We were told that huge Condors, some with wing spans of up to 12 feet, come out to give a show most days around 10:00am. Also, that Colca Canyon is deeper than the Grand Canyon! We were graced with their appearance…
Next we’re off to…Lake Titicaca!
- Colca Canyon: Complex Stars (isastudentblog.wordpress.com)
- 10 Largest Canyons on Earth (environmentalgraffiti.com)
- 10 Little-Known Stunning Natural Wonders (listverse.com)
- 3933 (fiftystatesbythirtyyears.wordpress.com)
- Making Friends and Pisco Sours en route to Pisco – Cusco, Peru (travelpod.com)
- Peru’s Hidden Adventure Tourism Gems (bootsnall.com)