In 2007, when I still had brown hair, I went on my 3rd cruise, but my first solo cruise for a week and visited Belize, Roatan Island, Honduras, Grand Cayman Island and Cozumel, Mexico. I booked it last minute (about two weeks in advance), so instead of paying double…it only cost a third more for the single supplement. I met a group of guys/girls from New Mexico, a lady from somewhere…can’t remember where now…and a college student and her parents. I ended up hanging with the college student a lot of the time.
This is a photo of them…
I’ve always fit in with younger people…they have lots of energy like me. It was fun fixing her up with guys…there was a cute Brazilian guy that I introduced her to. I was married at the time, so only “looking” allowed for me. One night after a few drinks I got the idea for us to push each other on a luggage rack through the hallways at 2am…followed by turning the signs around on people’s doors…if they had it positioned to say, “Do Not Disturb”, we switched it to “Please Clean My Room” and vice versa…I know…pretty immature…but it was fun!
This was on “Roatan Island”
In Belize I went “Cave Tubing”. You hike through the jungle with an intertube to a river that goes through caves. They equipt you with a “coal miner’s” head light so you can see…it was pretty cool! I don’t have a photo of it though.
I went jeep riding on Cozumel!
Upon disembarkment from the cruise, I spent one extra night in South Miami Beach. The “art deco” architecture was interesting!
- From Vancouver to The Caribbean (tinkerblue.typepad.com)
- Carnival deploys new ship in New Orleans in 2014 (wwltv.com)
- Caribbean paradise and Anthony – Roatan, Honduras (travelpod.com)
- New Survey Good News for Belize’s Barrier Reef (prweb.com)
- Top 10 Roatan Excursions (westbaytourscom.wordpress.com)
- Enjoy Your Vacations Hassle Free (islandroseroatan.wordpress.com)
- Cruisin’ (mysblife.com)
- Cozumel Rental Agency Announces End Of Summer Deals (prweb.com)
- Day 4: Roatan, Bay Islands (sianelvin.co.uk)