I took my niece, who at the time was 15 years old and we spent a week exploring Paris in 2007′. We stayed at the “Familia Hotel” in the “Latin Quarter” and used the “Metro” (subway) to travel…and walked a lot!
My Niece was at an awkward age…a bit self-conscious and at times a drag…complaining about the rain or people smoking…etc! I’ve found with my travels that I prefer to go “Solo” or with “Gap Adventures“!
Of course we saw the Louvre… Notre Dame…the Eiffel Tower…three times…the Pantheon…the Arc de Triumph…walked along the Champs Elysee and the Seine River…ate “Bon Glace” (good ice cream), chocolate crepes and many scrumptious pastries.
My fondest memories were of stopping in quaint cafes to have a drink or a bite to eat, shopping for bread, cheese & fruits and people watching.
One day we decided to take pictures of anyone with a dog, so we had fun snapping lots of photos!
Doesn’t this gentleman standing with my Niece look so “French”?
These are photos of the Sacre Coeur…Eiffel Tower…
ceiling in the Musee’ de Cluny
Just pretending to get in the tiny car!
I hope you enjoyed seeing a bit of France through my eyes!
- How to Travel to Exotic, Expensive Cities on $50 a Day (fourhourworkweek.com)
- Summer in Paris: 10 Inspiring Things To Do (hopeconcerto.wordpress.com)
- Paris, an update (weyfairing.wordpress.com)
- “Paris is always a good idea.”- Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina (carryonchristy.wordpress.com)
- Paris (melmcleod.com)
- Paris (globalmousetravels.com)
- Saturday with La Tour d’Eiffel et Champs-Élysées (rashmiprasadparis.wordpress.com)
- Paris, dope or not ? (damieniciouailleurs.wordpress.com)
- Best Valentine’s Day Vacation: Paris, France – The Place You Wanna Be! (epicatravel.com)
- Eyes askance in France (themuseumgirl.com)